Pages

Monday 4 October 2010

I've made it to Reading

Me and my fellow walkers about to set off from Battersea Peace Pagoda in London on Saturday (International Day of Nonviolence and Gandhi's birthday) - Photo by Charles

Well, that's the first three days of the walk completed. Lots of dampness, exhaustion, tenderness in the feet and stiffness in the neck and shoulders from lugging my heavy backpack all those miles, but here I am in Reading, being pampered by Adrian from the local Green Party and a keen supporter of Trident Ploughshares and CND. Adrian campaigns a lot around the Atomic Weapons Establishment sites at Aldermaston, which I plan to call in at tomorrow, and Burghfield, just a few miles from Reading.

The first day took me from the Peace Pagoda at Battersea Park to Esher, accompanied some or all of the way by Ann, Charles, Chris, Lee, Mark, Rev Nagase and Shaun. From Esher I plodded onwards on my own to Lightwater, near Bisley, via Old Woking, and today I trekked from Lightwater to Earley in Reading, via Camberley and the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst. Well, onwards to Aldermaston, Hinkley and Plymouth. Hopefully the weather will start to improve soon...

1 comment: